Sharon Sprouse, D.V.M.
Dr. Sprouse is a member of the AVMA, AAFP, AAHA, CVMA and SDCVMA organizations.
Dr. Sprouse is a 1982 graduate of U.C. Davis. She opened her practice in 1985 and has been very active in the community ever since. Dr. Sprouse is a member and supporter of the following organizations: San Diego Zoological Society, KPBS, The World Wildlife Foundation, The Sierra Club,The National Wildlife Federation, The Environmental Defence Fund, The Natural History Museum and Scripps Oceanography Society. Dr. Sprouse is dedicated to offering the best possible, most cutting edge veterinary medical care there is. She is dedicated to her patients, her practice, her staff and her community. She is a member of the following professional organizations: AVMA, CVMA, SDCVMA, AAFP AND AAHA AND VETERINARY INFORMATION NETWORK.
Taryn Kashani, D.V.M.
Dr. Kashani is a 2003 graduate from the University of Missouri-her home state. She immediately moved to San Diego (what better place!) to begin practicing excellent medical care for her patients.
She spends her free time with her husband, Allen, their wonderful son, her cats Cherubino and Isabella and Benson the beagle (their newest addition to the family).
Dr. Kashani works as a relief veterinarian for us when either Dr. Alexander or Dr. Sprouse want to go on vacation. She usually does her relief work for us on Monday and Wednesdays.
Miranda Alexander, D.V.M.
Dr. Miranda M. Alexander has been practicing veterinary medicine since 1982. She is a classmate of Dr. Sharon Sprouse. In her free time she loves to go hiking with her scientist husband, Michael, and their three standard poodles. Their felines would like to hike too, but are not allowed! Her hobbies include: reading science and sci-fi, travelling to see extended family in Australia, attending her annual Irish family reunions, and tending to her garden at home (fragrant and edible plants).
- 1973-1978: Veterinary Technician. Completed pre-vet requirements.
- 1979 to 1981: Summer work/study in anaesthesia, radiology and dermatology.
- June 1982: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, University of California at Davis
- June 1982 to June 1983: Medical and Surgical Internship, Grand Avenue Pet Hospital
- June 1983 to current: 30-50 hours/year continuing education.
- Ultrasound training. Special interest in veterinary dentistry.
- Publications: California Veterinarian, March 1982 "Cheyletiella Dermatitis in Small Animal Practice."
Professional Affiliations: AAHA, AVMA, CVMA, SDVMA, Veterinary Information
- 2005 - Bishop Maher Award presented by Father Joe Carroll - Vaccine Program for Pets of Homeless People. This is awarded to people who choose to help those in poverty.
- Volunteer and Co-founder of St. Vincent de Paul vaccine program (23 years).
- Volunteer - Veterans Stand Down San Diego (3 years)